ACER webinar: Monitoring cross-zonal electricity capacity & emergency measures
What is it about?
This webinar will present the key findings of the two market monitoring reports published in July of 2023 on emergency measures, and on the 70% margin for cross-zonal capacities respectively.
- ACER Assessment of emergency measures in electricity markets and accompanying news alert (with infographic); and
- Cross-zonal capacities and the 70% margin available for cross-zonal electricity trade (MACZT) and accompanying news alert (with infographic).
As part of its monitoring obligations, ACER must identify any barriers to the completion of the internal markets for electricity and natural gas. ACER is organising a webinar to present the conclusions of two ACER reports in its 2023 Market Monitoring Report (MMR) series:
- Assessment of emergency measures affecting electricity markets;
- Cross-zonal capacities and the 70% margin available for cross-zonal electricity trade (MACZT)
With this online event, ACER intends to:
- Present the main conclusions of each report;
- Discuss these conclusions with a panel of experts; and
- Address questions and gather views from stakeholders regarding the findings.
ACER is running a public consultation (21 July – 15 September 2023) on its report on cross-zonal capacities and the margin available for cross-zonal electricity trade (MACZT). Based on its findings, ACER will issue a formal opinion with recommendations to the European Commission and European Parliament by the end of the year.