PC_2020_E_10 - Joint public consultation on methodologies for assessing electricity resource adequacy
On 4 May 2020, the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (ENTSO-E) submitted to ACER proposals for two methodologies in the area of resource adequacy, namely:
Methodology for the European resource adequacy assessment pursuant to Article 23(3) of Regulation (EU) 2019/943 (ERAA, ref: ACER-ELE-2020-012); and
Methodology for calculating the value of lost load, the cost of new entry and the reliability standard pursuant to Article 23(6) of Regulation (EU) 2019/943 (VoLL, CoNE and RS, ref. ACER-ELE-2020-013).
ACER shall approve these methodologies pursuant to Article 9(1)(a) of Regulation (EU) 2019/942 and Article 23(7) of Regulation (EU) 2019/943.
Stakeholders' input is central to the development of our thinking and will help us examine all relevant issues. We therefore invite all interested parties to submit their views via this online survey by 27 May 2020, 23:59 hrs (CET).
All stakeholders' comments will be considered in our decisions, which we expect to take within the next 3 months pursuant to Article 27 of Regulation (EU) 2019/943, i.e. by 5 August 2020.
ACER will remain flexible in case a given stakeholder cannot manage to provide feedback by the deadline due to disruptions caused by the corona virus outbreak.
For any questions relating to process, please contact us on:
- ACER-ELE-2020-012(at)acer.europa.eu, in relation to our decision on the ERAA methodology.
- ACER-ELE-2020-013(at)acer.europa.eu, in relation to our decision on the methodology for VoLL, CoNE and RS.
Evaluation of responses and responses
Access the evaluation of responses.
- 2020-05-27 FEBEG position - ACER Consultation ERAA-VOLL-CONE-RS.pdf
- ACER hearing VoLL CONE RS methods DEA comments.pdf
- ClientEarth response to ACER's consultation.pdf
- DEA Comments to ENTSO-es revised ERAA Methodology May 2020.pdf
- E-NL response consultation ERAA and Voll-CoNE-RS.pdf