ACER calls for improvements to the proposed Italian gas transmission tariffs
What is the report about?
ACER publishes today its report on Italy’s proposed gas transmission tariffs. ACER assessed the proposed methodology to calculate the gas transmission tariffs, including:
- The distance cost driver that is used to calculate tariffs in the Italian network;
- The discounts proposed for the exit point to Malta; and
- The proposed application of tariffs for the region of Sardinia.
What are ACER’s main findings?
Whilst acknowledging that the public consultation of the Italian National Regulatory Authority, ARERA, is very well documented and very informative, ACER recommends that ARERA improves:
- The proposed commodity-based tariffs; and
- The proposed approach to setting tariffs in the region of Sardinia.
Access the report on the Italian gas tariffs.
Access all ACER reports on national tariff consultation documents.