ACER publishes its Single Programming Document 2023-2025
What is it about?
ACER publishes its Single Programming Document 2023-2025 which sets out:
- The 2023 Annual Work Programme;
- ACER’s priorities in upcoming years; and
- New responsibilities allocated to ACER as part of Europe’s energy crisis response.
ACER will continue its work on:
- The completion of the Internal Energy Market and monitoring of its functioning;
- Contributing to the infrastructure and security of supply challenges;
- Increasing integrity and transparency of wholesale energy markets; and
- Longer-term regulatory challenges.
Europe’s energy crisis response
A core part of ACER and the national energy regulators’ work in 2023 will continue to be on Europe’s energy crisis response. The Agency takes on tasks allocated to ACER under the emergency Council regulations (such as creating and publishing daily the new LNG price assessment, and the Market Correction Mechanism), as well several new responsibilities, following the entry into force of Regulation (EU) 2022/869 on Guidelines for trans-European energy infrastructure (“new TEN-E Regulation”).
The document was adopted on 15 December 2022 by ACER's Administrative Board, following the favourable opinion of the Agency's Board of Regulators.
Access the ACER Single Programming Document 2023-2025.
Access previous editions here.