Who is considered an insider?
Answer: According to Article 3(2) of REMIT, the prohibition of insider trading applies to the following persons who possess inside information in relation to a wholesale energy products (insider):
• members of the administrative, management or supervisory bodies of an undertaking;
• persons with holdings in the capital of an undertaking;
• persons with access to the information through the exercise of their employment, profession or duties;
• persons who have acquired such information through criminal activity; and
• persons who know, or ought to know, that it is inside information.